Thursday, January 17, 2008

Bring it home, Bafana Bafana!

I am no soccer expert and neither a soccer star. I don't want to dwell on the technicalties on how Bafana Bafana is going to be the African champions. I am going to be sentimental and patriotic about this one. We have a chance in winning it. Why? Because we are participating in the tournament.

I say to Bafana that rankings are just numbers. In the field the only numbers that apply are 11 against 11 finsh and klaar. As I bid our beloved soldiers farewell, I want to say to them that they are more than capable. In any team, it is not about the big-names in that team, it's about how inter-dependent they are on the field. It's about the ability to play as a team.

I wish the players and the technical team a safe journey to Ghana. When you get there, your mandate is to bring the cup home. We must show Afrika and the world that we are ready for 2010.

God bless you boys!

No comments: